March 15, 2014
Perhaps you’re a tea drinker, or you love red wine — you might even smoke. Whatever the case may be, maintaining a bright white smile can be challenging, even with the healthiest of habits. The good news is that there are many teeth whitening methods that can help you flash those pearly whites instead of those dingy yellows. (more…)
March 15, 2014
Did you know that about 75 percent of American adults experience mild to severe fear when visiting the dentist? Some individuals are so afraid that they avoid getting essential preventive care, such as regular cleanings and x-rays. Unfortunately, skipping preventive care can make hidden dental problems much more serious and painful. The good news is that there are several techniques you can use to overcome dental fear and enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile. (more…)
March 14, 2014
If you’re missing teeth or have been told you need various procedures, you’re probably busy weighing the pros and cons of dental implants or dentures. Although the end result is the same — a beautiful smile — the choice that’s right for you depends on several factors. Here is what you need to know about dentures or implants, and why one — but not the other — may be the better decision. (more…)
January 24, 2014
Posts by category
- Category: Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Future of Dentistry: Benefits of 3D Dentistry and CBCT Machines
- AZ Family Dental’s Dr. Parker Receives ICOI Fellowship Program Award
- Perfecting a Smile: Popular Trends in Cosmetic Dentistry
- Benefits of Starting a New Year Smiling
- Ask Dr. Parker: How to Maintain a Denture?
- Ask Dr. Parker: How to Maintain a Dental Implant?
- A Comprehensive Guide of Denture Information
- Is Whitening Bad for Your Teeth?
- 21 Famous People Who Had Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Best Teeth Whitening Methods
- How Sealants Keep Those Pearly Whites Pearly
- Category: Dental Health
- Top Foods to Whiten Teeth and Prevent Staining
- Ways to Maintain Dental Health for Senior Citizens
- Scaling and Root Planing (SRP): Why Is It Imperative?
- Why It’s Important to Get Dental Treatment Right When You’re Diagnosed
- Ask Dr. Parker: I Haven’t Visited the Dentist in a While: What Procedure Should I Start With?
- Smoking and Dental Health
- Ask Dr. Parker: Why Is It Important to Floss Daily?
- Time to Overcome Your Dental Phobia
- Weak Enamel: The Truth about Tooth Erosion
- Do Wisdom Teeth Have to Be Removed?
- Ask Dr. Parker: How Safe Are Dental X-Rays?
- Ask Dr. Parker: How Does a Cavity Form?
- Ask Dr. Parker: Why Are My Gums Receding?
- Fluoride: A Comprehensive and Complicated History
- Oral Care and Hygiene Buyer’s Guide
- Ask Dr. Parker: When to See the Dentist
- Teeth Grinding in Kids: Why Early Intervention Is Key to Long-Term Dental Health
- Do Toothache Home Remedies Really Work?
- Are You At Risk for Oral Cancer?
- The Best Foods for Your Teeth and Gums
- How to Care for Children’s Teeth
- Are Dental Discount Plans Worth It?
- How to Tell if You Have Periodontal Disease
- Overcoming Fear of the Dentist
- Are Amalgam Fillings Harming Your Health?
- Category: General
- Category: Implants
- Category: Phoenix
- Where Should I Camp in Arizona?
- Inspire me with Phoenix’s Ideal Date Locations
- The Insider’s Guide to Phoenix Food Trucks
- The Best Back-to-School Checklist for Phoenix Parents
- Phoenix Sports Guide
- Reaching Super Bowl 49 with Teeth Intact
- Get a Taste of the Old West in Greater Phoenix
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth: 15 Best Dessert Spots in Phoenix
- Holiday Gift Guide for Glendale, AZ
- Guide to Living in Phoenix, AZ
- Category: Sitemap
- Category: Whitening
- Category: Your Health
October 9, 2013
Everyone knows that mercury is poisonous — bite an old-school-style thermometer in half, and watch Mom come running. Indeed, mercury ingestion has been linked to serious health problems such as multiple sclerosis, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. But is the small amount of inorganic mercury used in silver dental fillings causing your own health to suffer? Here is why silver fillings are often the most sensible and economical choice when filling a cavity, and why the ongoing controversy over “mercury fillings” is likely nothing more than a tempest in a teapot. (more…)