Make a Teeth Cleaning Appointment near Phoenix Today
Regular dental cleaning is one of the most important steps you can take to keep your teeth healthy and beautiful. While good habits at home are important — including regular brushing and flossing, plus an anti-cavity rinse — a deep dental cleaning from AZ Family Dental in Glendale, AZ offers extra protection from cavities, gingivitis and tartar buildup.
Why teeth cleaning is so important
Even the best dental hygiene routine doesn’t guarantee your mouth and teeth are completely free of germs and tartar. Home toothbrushes, floss and dental rinse can only do so much. In fact, being too aggressive in your home regimen can do more harm than good. When it comes to a safe, pain-free cleaning, having a regular dental cleaning in Peoria, AZ at AZ Family Dental can do much more than keep your clean, white and healthy.
Maintaining good periodontal health by getting a twice-a-year dental cleaning can help prevent gum inflammation (gingitivitis), tooth decay and tooth loss from periodontitis. Your Phoenix dentist addresses patient periodontal health by using several advanced technologies and procedures to detect gum and teeth problems in their earliest stages. With recent research suggesting that periodontal disease may be associated with the development or worsening of diabetes and heart conditions, it is even more imperative for you to receive dental cleanings in Peoria, AZ.
Because teeth cannot shed their surfaces the way skin can, the opportunity for harmful bacteria to attach to the teeth and remain there for extended periods exists. If not completely removed by regular brushing, flossing and rinsing with an antibacterial rinse, bacteria become a biofilm known as dental plaque. Plaque accumulating unchecked near the gum line will harden and begin destroying teeth and gum tissues due to intense bacterial activity. Undergoing a professional dental cleaning in Phoenix, AZ is the best way to eliminate biofilm and the beginning of dental plaque.
- During a typical dental cleaning, the teeth are scaled to remove any plaque on the tooth and under the gum line that regular brushing and flossing can’t reach. The process can be done using sonic and ultrasonic scales, replacing the hand scales that made teeth cleaning painful in the past.
- A dental polishing is done along the gum line to prevent future plaque buildup. After the cleaning, the patient rinses out with water or a dental rinse.
Following completion of your teeth cleaning appointment in Phoenix, you’ll receive home care instructions on how to protect your teeth and gums from gum disease and infection. Your dentist will tell you that good oral hygiene, regular dental checkups and healthy eating habits can prevent gingivitis and periodontitis, making every regular dental cleaning less painful and less invasive.
A Registered Dental Hygienist performs professional dental cleanings. Each cleaning appointment includes:
- Oral hygiene Instruction: Instruction includes review of brushing and flossing techniques along with tips on how to reach the commonly missed areas.
- Removal of Plaque: Plaque adheres to the teeth and over time and becomes calculus (tartar). It is difficult to see, and the bacteria that reside in the plaque produce toxins that cause inflammation in the gums and other tissue. This inflammation is the beginning of periodontal disease.
- Removal of Calculus (tartar):As plaque gets old it hardens into calculus. It can form on the tooth above and below the gum line. Calculus cannot be removed by brushing or flossing. It requires special dental instruments to be removed.
- Tooth Polishing: Plaque and stains are removed by polishing in areas where brushing and flossing are not effective.
Don't forget we offer teeth whitening services in Phoenix and the greater area to supplement regular cleanings. Keep that million dollar smile bright by making a teeth cleaning appointment near you with AZ Family Dental.
For a great deal on an initial exam and cleaning check out our dental coupons!